We all like the big idea or a bold dramatic action.
Or the big decision or speech.
These are often amazing to experience.
But they are infrequent and often limited to a few leaders.
There is another path to long-term, systematic and sustainable success.
It’s called small wins.
But it needs a shift in mindset.
Fortunately a small wins mindset can be learned and developed.
A small wins mindset believes:
– It is better to make a start than continue to plan or over-think. In short — action matters.
- That you can achieve great, big goals over time by achieving one small win at a time.
– Sometimes a bigger journey emerges from the success of a series of smaller wins.
- This new belief system can be learned and developed by individuals, teams and eventually an entire culture.
- It can be applied to most challenges (i.e. a problem, opportunity, issue or decision).
– The answer is more often than not found in small ideas or solutions.
- Small wins are everywhere — what is often missing is a way to capture, learn, celebrate and share these.
– Practicing and experiencing a small wins approach can lead to higher performance (i.e. increased levels of innovation, productivity and engagement).
– And that you can learn as much from a small failure as you can from a small win.
Love your feedback or comments.